1. About Us 2
2. The information we collect 2
3. How we will use your information 3
4. Security 4
5. Data Retention 4
7. Updating and correcting information 5
8. Your rights 5
9. How to contact us 5
1. About Us
This booking system (https://challock.onsidelive.co.uk) is operated by Onside Coaching Ltd, Woodcote House, The Warwickshire Golf Club, Leek Wootton, Warwickshire, United Kingdom, CV35 7QT (registered in England and Wales with company number 03541110, incorporated on 6th April 1998)
We provide a web-based platform for organisations that run out of school clubs or are childcare providers, with an online system for users ("Parents and Carers") to book children into the organisation's clubs. The website facilitates bookings and payments and makes available the necessary data to people managing and delivering the sessions.
Onside Coaching is registered with the ICO (Information Controllers Office) for compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998 under the A8230381
Unless stated otherwise, Onside Coaching Ltd is the data controller in respect of all personal data collected through this booking system, which means that we are responsible for ensuring that we do so in full compliance with data protection and all other related privacy laws.
2. The information we collect
In order to provide the necessary service, we will obtain details including:
• Contact details of those booking the session and those for each child who will attend the session
• Date of birth for example, where the service you require has age related restrictions or for verification purposes
• Support information, i.e. other information that is relevant to parent / guardian / child’s needs such as any allergy information or treatment that may need to be given to help the child at the session
• School information – details of school and year group
The information will be obtained from this website, telephone conversations, emails and written and verbal communications and from records of the session.
Information about other people
If you provide information to us about any person other than yourself, you must ensure that they understand how their information will be used and that you are authorised to disclose it to us, and to consent to its use on their behalf, before doing so.
In order to understand how users use this website and our services, we may collect your Internet Protocol addresses (also known as IP addresses). Your IP address is a unique address that computer devices (such as PCs, tablets and smartphones) use to identify themselves and in order to communicate with other devices in the network.
The following applies to Organisations and Individuals visiting the Onside Coaching main website (www.onsidecoaching.co.uk) directly and not to the WAM booking and admin system:
In common with many other website operators, we may use standard technology called 'cookies' on this Website. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive and they are used to record how you navigate this website on each visit.
The cookies we use on this website are as follows:
o WebsiteChanges20180302 – this is used to control the initial popup when somebody visits the site to display changes that have occurred since they last logged in
o A cookie is created to remember the customer’s choice with regards to the EU cookie directive
o Aspsessionid******** - ASP session cookies are used to remember a visitor’s browser type for correct rendering of web pages.
• Google Analytics
In addition, you can also change your browser to prevent cookies being stored. With experience, you can usually choose to switch off all cookies or to allow only certain ‘trusted’ sites to place cookies. For further information on cookies and how to switch them off see the Information Commissioner’s website at www.ico.gov.uk or visit www.allaboutcookies.org or www.aboutcookies.org
PLEASE NOTE, IF YOU DO TURN COOKIES OFF, THIS WILL LIMIT THE SERVICE THAT WE ARE ABLE TO PROVIDE TO YOU AND MAY AFFECT YOUR USER EXPERIENCE.
3. How we will use your information
• For registration and general administration (including verification and security checking)
• To provide the goods and services you request
• To communicate with you in the event that any goods or services requested are unavailable or if there is a query or problem with your requests
• For record keeping purposes
• For research purposes and to enable us to understand requirements and develop other related courses and services
• To track and analyse activity on this Website
Consent and lawful processing of personal data
The legal basis for the collection and processing of your personal data is:
• For administration and programme delivery: that it is necessary to fulfil the contract that you are going to enter into or have entered into with the childcare provider
• For dealing with medical needs: that you have given your explicit consent
Disclosing your personal information
Club and instructor use of your personal information
In order to provide and administer courses and events, we will provide relevant details to the staff running your session. Staff will also be provided with contact details for each person who is booked for one of the courses / events and also the details of the attendee (if different) and any special needs or medical information that it is important for them to know. Staff are only permitted to use this information to deal with the administration of the course or event and any medical support purpose. They are not permitted to use it for any other purpose.
The payment card information you provide will only be available to the payment provider (currently PayPal or Stripe). This will not be available to Onside Coaching or any staff, apart from in the case where a booking is made offline (via telephone) and payment is processed on the customer’s behalf. In this case your payment details will be used to process your booking only, after which they will be securely deleted.
Onside Coaching protects information both online and off-line. The transmission of information, including any personal and payment information, is encrypted and protected using SSL (Secure Sockets Layer). Stored customer information is kept in a secure environment and protected against unauthorised disclosure, use, loss and damage. We only use third party service providers where we are satisfied that they provide adequate security for your personal data.
5. Data Retention
We will normally keep your personal data indefinitely, providing that you are an active customer. Once your account is inactive for a period of 2 years, then all of your personal data will be securely deleted with the exception of any incident or injury reports which we are legally obliged to retain for a minimum of 7 years.
Privacy laws and practice are constantly developing and we aim to meet high standards. Our policies and procedures are, therefore, under continual review. We may, from time to time, update our security and privacy policies. If we want to make any significant changes in how we will use your personal data we will contact you directly and, if required, seek your consent.
We will ensure our website has our most up to date policy and suggest that you check this page periodically to review our latest version.
7. Updating and correcting information
You may update or correct your personal information online in ‘Your Account’ or by contacting us in writing or by email (see the section ‘How to contact us’ below). Please include your name, address and/or email address when you contact us as this helps us to ensure that we accept amendments only from the correct person. We encourage you to promptly update your personal information if it changes.
If you are providing updates or corrections about another person, we may require you to provide us with proof that you are authorised to provide that information to us.
8. Your rights
You have a number of legal rights in respect of your personal data. These include:
• Access. The right to receive a copy of the personal data that we hold about you. The same right applies to any other person whose personal data you provide to us. We will require proof of identity and proof of authority if the request comes from someone other than the person whose data we are asked to provide. This will ensure we only provide information to the correct person. We normally expect to respond to requests within 28 days of receiving them.
• Withdraw consent to direct marketing. You can exercise this right at any time and can update your preferences yourself or ask us to do it for you. See section ‘Updating and correcting your personal data’ above for details.
• Withdraw consent to other processing. Where the only legal basis for our processing your personal data is that we have your consent to do so, you may withdraw your consent to that processing at any time and we will have to stop processing your personal data. Please note, this will only affect a new activity and does not mean that processing carried out before you withdrew your consent is unlawful.
• Rectification. If you consider any of your personal data is inaccurate, you can correct it yourself or ask us to do it for you (see section ‘Updating and correcting your personal data’ above for details).
• Restriction. In limited circumstances you may be able to require us to restrict our processing of your personal data. For example, if you consider what we hold is inaccurate and we disagree, the processing may be restricted until the accuracy has been verified.
9. How to contact us
Email [email protected]
Mail Data Protection Officer
Onside Coaching (Childcare & PE) Ltd
The Warwickshire Golf & Country Club
Phone 01926 496406
Data Protection Executive [email protected]